Thursday, November 22, 2012

Josh Hutcherson Shares What He's Thankful For In 2012

Josh Hutcherson has had a big year. The one-time "Bridge to Terabithia" actor starred in another major adaptation, "The Hunger Games," and became a household name thanks to his portrayal of Peeta Mellark in the box office hit. When MTV News caught up with Hutcherson recently to talk about all the things he's had to be thankful for in 2012, the actor admitted that he knows how lucky he is.

"I'm very thankful [for 2012] as well," Hutcherson said. "I had a lot of work that came out this year and was pretty successful thus far, so it was exciting for me. It definitely exceeded my expectations."

But it's not just the fact that he had three films come out that has Hutcherson feeling thankful. He said he's also experienced many things this year that he never had before.

"I had a lot of firsts this year. I went to Paris, London and Berlin for the first time, so I got to see a lot of new places," he said. "I had a blast. The press tour was so fun with me and Liam [Hemsworth] and Jen [Lawrence] and [director] Gary [Marshall] flying all over the world together. ... Being with Liam and Jen was great because we were experiencing something brand-new to all of us. I think Liam had the most experience dealing with [a lot of press], just because of him and [his engagement to] Miley [Cyrus], but having really good people experiencing it with you made it a lot easier."

He's also glad he's looking to have a similarly successful year in 2013. With "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" due out and the final two "Hunger Games" movies to film, Hutcherson has lots to look forward to next year.

"There is the obvious that everybody will say, which is a better economy and a better America, so I hope for a better economy, a better America," he said. "Outside of that, we're shooting the next two 'Hunger Games' movies back-to-back, and then I'm shooting another 'Journey,' so as long as the world doesn't end, I have a busy 2013 coming up."

What are you thankful for? Let us know in the comments section below or on Twitter!

Tags Josh Hutcherson, The Hunger Games



No comments:

Post a Comment